“When we invest in clean energy and electric vehicles and reduce population, more of our children can breathe clean air and drink clean water.” That was the eyebrow-raising statement Vice President Kamala Harris made to a Baltimore audience last week; while the Biden White House amended the transcript to indicate she intended to say “reduce pollution,” the environmentalist movement has more than its fair share of associations with those who would “reduce population.” Joining me to discuss Harris’s comments and the connections between environmentalism and population control are my colleagues Sarah Lee and Ken Braun.
Listen to “Episode 278: A Darker Shade of Green” on Spreaker.
- National Review: Kamala Harris’s Revealing Malthusian Malapropism
- InfluenceWatch: Population Council
- InfluenceWatch: John Holdren
- Capital Research Center: Paul Ehrlich’s Population Dud
- Capital Research Center: A Darker Shade of Green: Environmentalism’s Origins in Eugenics