The Ford Foundation: While created by a famed family of arch-capitalists, for decades the institution—long, though likely no longer, the largest private foundation in the country—has been the financial backbone of the radical left. And now some are proposing taking radical action to counter its influence; Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Ohio J.D. Vance spitballed on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News program: “Why don’t we seize the assets of the Ford Foundation, tax their assets, and give it to the people who’ve had their lives destroyed by the radical open borders agenda?”
Joining me to discuss what to do about the Ford Foundation and the broader Big Philanthropy is my colleague Mike Hartmann, director of Capital Research Center’s Center for Strategic Giving and co-editor of Philanthropy Daily’s the Giving Review blog.
- InfluenceWatch: Ford Foundation
- RealClearPolitics: J.D. Vance on Ford Foundation
- Giving Review: Washington Post’s Henry Olsen: tax university and foundation endowments at a much-higher rate
- Capital Research Center: A Defensive, Disdainful Response to Congressional Scrutiny of Big Philanthropy
- Capital Research Center: For Fun, Philanthropic Pharmacology