Capital Research Center, America’s investigative think tank, is busy at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) a few miles outside Washington, D.C., this week. (CPAC 2017 is being held at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center. The street address is 201 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745.)
Take a look at what we’re doing:
- Tomorrow, Thursday 2/23 at 4:30 p.m. our labor expert Dr. Steven J. Allen, Ph.D. takes to the main stage for the panel discussion “21st Century Labor Reform: A Better Way for Workers,” reviewing how new technological advancements lead to new job fields and a dynamic economy.
- That same afternoon, live from Radio Row at CPAC, our own Matthew Vadum will be interviewed by Rick Trader of Conservative Commandos. If you get their feed, tune in at 4:00 p.m. for our spin on the activities at CPAC. Not sure if they are available in your area? Check out their network on the Commandos website.
- Friday 2/24 at 1:00 p.m. in the Chesapeake EF room Capital Research Center is screening the film “America Under Siege: Civil War 2017.” This is the acclaimed documentary about the radical left-wing DisruptJ20 activists that received so much media attention when it was released the day before President Trump’s Inauguration. It has over 340,000 views so far. The screening will be followed by a Q & A with the film’s star Trevor Loudon. Here’s a bit about the movie – While 700,000 protesters converged on Washington D.C. for Inauguration Day—in addition to anti-Trump rallies in dozens of cities across the country—the political groups behind the protests remained shrouded in mystery. “Civil War 2017” uncovers an extensive network of neo-Marxist operatives coordinating highly disruptive and violent protests from coast to coast.
- And on Friday, 2/24 at 2:00 p.m. immediately after the film screening, we have brought together Mercedes Schlapp (FOX News contributor), Michael Barone (co-author of The Almanac of American Politics) Jim Geraghty (National Review), and CRC’s Dr. Steven J. Allen to address the “Revolt of the Deplorables: Inside Election 2016.” They will examine how in 2016, grassroots America rose up against The Establishment in both major parties. It was a rebellion more than 40 years in the making — and it culminated in the greatest political upset in America’s history.
- The same afternoon, live from Radio Row at CPAC, our president Scott Walter will be interviewed by Rick Trader of Conservative Commandos. If you get their feed, tune in at 4:15 pm for our spin on the activities at CPAC. Not sure if they are available in your area? Check out their network on the Commandos website.
- On Saturday 2/25 at 1:00 p.m. Scott Walter will take to the main stage for the panel “Is Political Correctness Killing U.S. Institutions?” Walter will be addressing PC issues related to faith and philanthropy.
- For those of you attending CPAC, Capital Research Center is in the Hub (exhibit hall) at booth #316. Come visit us!