As bad and left-wing as teachers unions can be, for some union activists and leftist agitators the normal level of leftism just isn’t enough. For that reason, the Democratic Socialists of America, the nation’s most prominent far-left political group, has pitched a pamphlet encouraging its members to become teachers and partnered with teachers unions and teachers-union-aligned politicians. What does this mean for your children’s schools? Joining us to discuss that and related questions is Rhyen Staley, a researcher at Parents Defending Education.
Listen to “Episode 277: Socialists in the Classroom” on Spreaker.
- Parents Defending Education
- Free Beacon: The Emerging Alliance Between America’s Leading Socialist Organization and Teachers’ Unions
- InfluenceWatch: Democratic Socialists of America
- Free Beacon: ‘A Whole New Level of Awful’: Seattle Public Schools Offer Free ‘Gender-Affirming Care’ to Kids
- Capital Research Center: The NEA Recommends the Book Gender Queer, So I Read It.
- Los Angeles Magazine: Exclusive: Cecily Myart-Cruz’s Hostile Takeover of L.A.’s Public Schools