Liberal special interests have effective control of many municipal governments and government arms. The most notable case: school boards. Thanks to “three exploits” of block voting, nonpartisan races, and off-cycle elections, teachers unions gain a structural advantage beyond their ideological support in electing the people who set standards, enforce policies, and fund public school systems.
Joining me to discuss how special interest groups take advantage of municipal election structure is Max Eden, a research fellow in education policy at the American Enterprise Institute.
- State Chapters of National School Boards Group Slam Letter to White House: https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/11/02/state-chapters-of-national-school-boards-group-slam-letter-to-white-house-depicting-parents-as-domestic-terrorists/
- Move School Board Elections On-Cycle to Restore Local Control: https://www.aei.org/research-products/report/move-school-board-elections-on-cycle-to-restore-local-control/
- How Government Worker Unions Manipulate Municipal Elections: https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/11/05/how-government-worker-unions-manipulate-municipal-elections/
- Defund the Education Deep State: https://americanmind.org/memo/defund-the-education-deep-state/
- State Chapters of National School Boards Group Slam Letter to White House Depicting Parents as Domestic Terrorists: https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/11/02/state-chapters-of-national-school-boards-group-slam-letter-to-white-house-depicting-parents-as-domestic-terrorists/.
Subscribe to the InfluenceWatch podcast on your platform of choice at https://influencewatch.fireside.fm/:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/capitalresearchcenter
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/capitalresearch
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/capital.research.center/
- YouTube: https://bit.ly/CRCYouTube