In this episode: Sarah Lee interviews CRC Research Director Michael Watson on how local politics and the involvement of union organizers and activists at that level have played a role in some of the concerns about the representativeness of elections that are plaguing modern American politics. Mike watches the role union organizers and activists play in local and off-cycle elections, and he’s written an as-yet-unpublished op-ed explaining how those entities’ involvement in local politics can be extrapolated out to explain some of the election integrity concerns at the state and federal level and the broader, and frankly radical, culture shifts Americans are experiencing today.
- Manhattan Institute: Revitalizing Local Democracy: The Case for On-Cycle Local Elections
- American Enterprise Institute: Move school board elections on-cycle to restore local control
- Capital Research Center: Billionaires’ Galaxy-Brain Voting System Meets Real-World Politics
- InfluenceWatch: American Federation of Teachers
- InfluenceWatch: National Education Association