In this episode: The hard lockdownists and their allies in the Biden administration repeat the mantra as often as a chanting monk: “Follow the science,” invariably before proposing some policy that continues the ongoing tyrannies ostensibly intended to reduce the burden of COVID-19.
But what happens when the science conflicts with the permanent lockdowns, as it does over school closures? Then stakeholders get involved, and the science need not be followed. That is exactly what happened when the CDC issued its guidance that supposedly would lead to school reopenings, which conflicts with the teachers’ unions position of “lockdown today, lockdown tomorrah, lockdown for-evah.”
The New York Post and center-right group Americans for Public Trust obtained emails under an open-records request showing that the CDC and the American Federation of Teachers collaborated on issuing unnecessarily restrictive reopening guidance, with at least two of the union’s proposals being issued by the CDC nearly verbatim. Joining us to discuss this special-interest influence is Kerry McDonald of the Foundation for Economic Education.
- New York Post: Powerful teachers union influenced CDC on school reopenings, emails show
- Foundation for Economic Education: Impending Zoom: New Exposé Shows Teachers Union Influenced CDC School Reopening Guidelines
- Capital Research Center: Los Angeles Teachers Union Says the Quiet Part out Loud
- Capital Research Center: Teachers Unions Extort States Unwilling to Resist
- C-SPAN: Kerry McDonald and Halley Potter on President Biden’s Universal Pre-K Proposal