Influence Watch Podcast #107: Citizens United Ten Years Later
With Guest Scott Blackburn of the Institute for Free Speech
Ten years ago this month, the Supreme Court handed down a controversial decision with bearing on influence and politics: Citizens United v. FEC. As liberal activists push ever harder to “overturn” the decision, I’m joined this week by Scott Blackburn, Research Director of the Institute For Free Speech, who recently authored a brief “Citizens United After 10 Years: More Speech, Better Democracy” laying out the case that far from “destroying democracy,” the Supreme Court’s holding expanded political competition.
- Institute for Free Speech: Citizens United After 10 Years: More Speech, Better Democracy
- Capital Research Center: Citizens United v. FEC: Protecting Free Speech for Nonprofit and For-Profit Corporations
- Capital Research Center: Political and Policy-Oriented Giving in the Post-Citizens United World
- Influence Watch: Hillary Clinton
- Influence Watch: Represent.Us
- Influence Watch: Every Voice
- Capital Research Center: Featured Video: Did Citizens United Break American Politics?