The Architects of Woke series takes aim at far-left post-modernist and Marxist thinkers and activists responsible for the spread of identity politics from college campuses to society at large.
The eighth episode, Michel Foucault & Science as ‘Oppression,’ covers the the influence of the late French postmodernist philosopher Michel Foucault. If you’ve ever seen science attacked as “too white” or “too male,” then you’ve seen the influence of Foucault. Foucault, rather than seeing science as a means to understand the world, instead understood science as a tool of power to oppress. Foucault saw “discourses” such as “sane” vs. “crazy” and “man” vs. “woman” as inherently oppressive for categorizing people, and science as inherently oppressive for reinforcing such categories. Ironically, Foucault’s science denial may have contributed to his death. . . .
To learn more about this topic, check out the following material:
- Cynical Theories – https://www.amazon.com/Cynical-Theories-Scholarship-Everything-Identity_and/dp/1634312023/
- Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left – https://www.amazon.com/Fools-Frauds-Firebrands-Thinkers-Left/dp/1472935950
- “In the Asylum” – https://www.city-journal.org/html/asylum-12889.html
- “Postmodernism’s Dead End” – https://quillette.com/2019/09/23/postmodernisms-dead-end/
Architects of Woke is hosted and directed by filmmaker Rob Montz. Montz is the co-founder and CEO of Good Kid Productions. His online documentary work has attracted millions of views and coverage in major outlets, including the Economist, USA Today, New York Times, Washington Post, and Adam Carolla Podcast. His 2017 documentary Silence U. PT 2: What Has Yale Become?, published on We the Internet TV, won the 2018 Reason Video Prize.
You can view previous episodes of the Architects of Woke at the following links:
- Judith Butler’s War on Science: https://youtu.be/yus0cmyRZWM
- Slavoj Žižek & the Romance of Revolutionary Terror: https://youtu.be/mcS7jggHGCI
- Chapo Trap House & the Marxist Vanguards for Alienated Millennials: https://youtu.be/l4knok5jf4Q
- Stokely Carmichael & Racism Without Racists: https://youtu.be/SRC2qyn4pyg
- Howard Zinn, Hollywood, & the Fairy Tale of American Evil: https://youtu.be/2nyNJVNrh_Q
- The 1619 Project’s Fake History: https://youtu.be/vB8817g26Ig
- The University’s Shadow Activists: https://youtu.be/RW6dlndP91w
To keep updated with the Architects of Woke series, sign up for our email list at DangerousDocumentaries.com.