Architects of Woke: Howard Zinn, Hollywood, & the Fairy Tale of American Evil
The Architects of Woke series takes aim at far-left post-modernist and Marxist thinkers and activists responsible for the spread of identity politics from college campuses to society at large.
The fifth episode, “Howard Zinn, Hollywood, & the Fairy Tale of American Evil,” covers the influence of the late Howard Zinn. Zinn was a historian and far-left political activist best known for authoring A People’s History of the United States, one of the most influential history books in both secondary and higher education. A member of the Communist Party USA at the time when Stalin was enslaving half of Europe, Zinn ignored that colonialism as he focused A People’s History of the United States on the supposed horrors in American history from Columbus onward. Zinn’s narrative painted a false and simplistic caricature of America’s origins that has spread throughout Hollywood and our culture…
To learn more about Howard Zinn, check out the following links:
- A People’s History of the United States – https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062693013/a-peoples-history-of-the-united-states/
- Zinn’s Website – https://www.howardzinn.org/
- Zinn Education Project – https://www.zinnedproject.org/
- Howard Zinn’s “The Problem is Civil Disobedience” (Read by Matt Damon and Others) – http://historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/zinnproblemobedience.html
- InfluenceWatch Entry – https://www.influencewatch.org/person/howard-zinn/
Right-Wing Criticism of Zinn
- Debunking Howard Zinn – https://www.regnery.com/9781621577737/debunking-howard-zinn/
- A former Communist examines Zinn’s Communism – https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/aside-from-that-he-was-also-a-red
- The Wall Street Journal‘s “Reclaiming History From Howard Zinn” – https://www.wsj.com/articles/reclaiming-history-from-howard-zinn-11558126202
Left-Wing Criticism of Zinn
- The New Republic‘s “Agit-Prof” – https://newrepublic.com/article/112574/howard-zinns-influential-mutilations-american-history
- Dissent Magazine Exposé – https://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/howard-zinns-history-lessons
- American Federation of Teachers Criticism – https://www.aft.org/sites/default/files/periodicals/Wineburg.pdf
Left-Wing Defense of Zinn
- Zinnophobia – https://www.amazon.com/Zinnophobia-History-Education-Politics-Scholarship/dp/178535678X/ref=sr_1_1?
About the Series
The Architects of Woke is hosted and directed by filmmaker Rob Montz. Montz is the co-founder and CEO of Good Kid Productions. His online documentary work has attracted millions of views and coverage in major outlets, including the Economist, USA Today, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Adam Carolla Podcast. His 2017 documentary Silence U. PT 2: What Has Yale Become?, published on We the Internet TV, won the 2018 Reason Video Prize.
You can view previous episodes of the Architects of Woke at the following links:
- Judith Butler’s War on Science: https://youtu.be/yus0cmyRZWM
- Slavoj Žižek & the Romance of Revolutionary Terror: https://youtu.be/mcS7jggHGCI
- Chapo Trap House & the Marxist Vanguards for Alienated Millennials: https://youtu.be/l4knok5jf4Q
- Stokely Carmichael & Racism Without Racists: https://youtu.be/SRC2qyn4pyg
To keep updated with the Architects of Woke series, sign up for our email list at DangerousDocumentaries.com.