The Architects of Woke series takes aim at far-left post-modernist and Marxist thinkers and activists responsible for the spread of identity politics from college campuses to society at large.
The ninth episode, Angela Davis & the Birth of “Defund the Police”, covers the influence of radical communist activist Angela Davis. A major influence on the founders of Black Lives Matter, Davis is the progenitor of the popular left-wing movement to “defund the police.” More than defund, Davis wants to fully abolish the police. What should take its place? She’s not so clear . . .
To learn more about this topic, check out:
- “Are Prisons Obsolete?” by Angela Davis
- “Radical Lives Matter,” by Scott Walter, Capital Research Center
- “Angela Davis,” InfluenceWatch
Architects of Woke is hosted and directed by filmmaker Rob Montz. Montz is the co-founder and CEO of Good Kid Productions. His online documentary work has attracted millions of views and coverage in major outlets, including the Economist, USA Today, New York Times, Washington Post, and Adam Carolla Podcast. His 2017 documentary Silence U. PT 2: What Has Yale Become?, published on We the Internet TV, won the 2018 Reason Video Prize.
You can view previous episodes of the Architects of Woke at the following links:
- Judith Butler’s War on Science: https://youtu.be/yus0cmyRZWM
- Slavoj Žižek & the Romance of Revolutionary Terror: https://youtu.be/mcS7jggHGCI
- Chapo Trap House & the Marxist Vanguards for Alienated Millennials: https://youtu.be/l4knok5jf4Q
- Stokely Carmichael & Racism Without Racists: https://youtu.be/SRC2qyn4pyg
- Howard Zinn, Hollywood, & the Fairy Tale of American Evil: https://youtu.be/2nyNJVNrh_Q
- The 1619 Project’s Fake History: https://youtu.be/vB8817g26Ig
- The University’s Shadow Activists: https://youtu.be/RW6dlndP91w
To keep updated with the Architects of Woke series, sign up for our email list at DangerousDocumentaries.com.