In this episode: Corruption sends a Chicago Teamsters boss to federal prison, radical Chicago union activists go on a propaganda tour of socialist Venezuela, and Senator Bernie Sanders discovers the perils of his preferred labor policies.
- Chicago Tribune: Politically connected ex-Teamsters boss pleads guilty to extorting Chicago film studio, agrees to cooperate
- Chicago Sun-Times: EDITORIAL: A crook admits guilt, but this Chicago movie is only half over
- Chicago Sun-Times: ‘We’ll shut it down tomorrow’: Strong-arm tactics revealed as ex-Chicago Teamsters boss pleads guilty
- Influence Watch: International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Wirepoints: Viva Maduro! The Chicago Teachers Union’s Solidarity Trip To Venezuela
- Chicago City Wire: Chicago Teachers Union president Sharkey in hot water as some of his “useful idiots” visit and embrace impoverished, socialist Venezuela
- Jacobin: Chicago Teacher Militancy Is Up for Reelection
- FightBack News: Chicago Teachers show solidarity in Venezuela
- Washington Post: Labor fight roils Bernie Sanders campaign, as workers demand the $15 hourly pay the candidate has proposed for employees nationwide
- Des Moines Register: Bernie Sanders defends staff compensation after complaints his campaign isn’t paying $15 an hour
- Washington Examiner: Bernie’s campaign union strife is what he proposes for the whole country
Learn more about the organizations and influencers discussed in the show at InfluenceWatch.org.
We also encourage you to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.