Since the identification of the “Omicron variant” of COVID-19, the Left and paternalist factions of the Right at home and abroad have returned to their favorite policy packages: Harsh lockdowns and tyrannical mandates. And while the American president has ruled out lockdowns “for now,” his party comrade Bill de Blasio, who remains mayor of New York until the New Year, instituted the most severe vaccination passport regime this side of the Atlantic. No one over the age of five will be permitted to engage in almost any public activity without showing their papers in the so-called “greatest city in the world,” and a harsher edict on workers than President Biden’s OSHA vaccination mandate that has been enjoined by federal courts will take effect before the end of the month.
Joining me to discuss de Blasio’s order is Joel Zinberg, a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, director of Paragon Health Institute’s Public Health and American Well-Being Initiative, and associate clinical professor of surgery at the Icahn Mt. Sinai School of Medicine.
- City Journal: All for Show
- Marginally Compelling: Vaccines for Children (5-11 years old)
- National Review: Biden’s Travel Restrictions Don’t Follow the Science
- National Review: Injecting a Little Lawlessness
- National Review: Covid Crackdowns Are Contagious
- InfluenceWatch: Bill de Blasio