We have covered extensively the prolonged and unprecedented closures of schools ostensibly caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, which continue to see teachers unions insist, even when their members receive vaccination priority or when school districts conduct extensively disruptive “pandemic theater” like closing for deep cleaning that even the teachers-union, er, “stakeholder” compromised CDC has concluded is unnecessary, that in-person schooling is “unsafe,” without evidence. Parents seeking to raise pressure with school officials to reopen schools might have considered turning to the “Parent-Teacher Associations”—PTAs—the largest organizations supposedly representative of parents’ interests, but as our guest Luke Rosiak of the Daily Wire has documented, the PTAs are in fact deeply intertwined with the teachers unions and often function as little more than appendages for the far-left advocacy of Big Labor.
- Daily Wire: Teachers Union Honchos Infiltrate PTAs, Depriving Parents Of Their Own Group
- Daily Wire: How The PTA Sold Out Parents For Politics During Schools’ Biggest Crisis
- Daily Wire: With Children Fully Indoctrinated, Schools Have A New Target: Parents
- Capital Research Center: InfluenceWatch Podcast #158: Power and Influence of Teachers Unions
- Capital Research Center: A Clarifying Moment for Teachers Unions