George Soros’s Democracy Alliance, a billionaires’ club that aims to turn America into Greece, has a new project.
It’s called New Media Ventures.
This is its self-description from the “about” page on its website:
New Media Ventures is the first national network of early stage investors who are investing their time and money into new, cutting edge, start-ups focused on building progressive change. Members join to learn more about opportunities that they couldn’t find anywhere else.
It is a pilot project of the Democracy Alliance, a partnership of changemakers committed to strengthening democracy by investing in and fostering collaboration among progressive leaders and institutions. Launched in 2005, the Democracy Alliance has emerged as one of the largest drivers of progressive activist funding in the country.
New Media Ventures is directed by Christie George. The advisory board consists of:
- John Johnson, Co-Founder, Buzzfeed.com
- Mike Mathieu, Founder, FrontSeat.org
- Rob McKay, Democracy Alliance Board Chair
- James Rucker, Co-Founder, Citizen Engagement Lab
- John Schwartz, Founder, Free Speech TV
- Felicia Wong, Senior Vice President Investment Services, Democracy Alliance
Ultimately, New Media Ventures aims to help investors support projects that increase citizen engagement and participation, creating lasting social change.
Ahem. I think they mean socialist change.