The William J. Clinton Foundation, which we profiled, is looking for a silver-tongued spokesperson to help it cover up misdeeds promote its programs.
The want ad, found at PR News Online, looks like this:
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB|
Director of Communications, William J. Clinton Foundation
President Clinton’s Press Office at the Clinton Foundation is seeking an experienced Director of Communications.
The Director of Communications will perform the following duties under the direction of the Chief of Staff to the President:
- Manage day-to-day press operation
- Serve as a chief spokesperson for the Foundation and a primary point of contact for members of the media
- Negotiate, manage, execute and staff major public announcements and media appearances for President Clinton
- Write and edit speeches, press materials, talking points and other key public documents
- Oversee communications activities for all of the foundation’s initiatives and global activities, and provide guidance and oversight to communications teams at each initiative
- Work with integrated marketing and online teams to further communications goals across the Foundation’s initiatives
- Manage and oversee the foundation’s communications department
The role of Director of Communications will be filled by a seasoned communications professional who is exceptionally articulate and persuasive in writing and speech. S/he must have at least five years of communications experience and a demonstrated ability to develop powerful messages, meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple and complicated tasks. Excellent management and organizational skills are a must.
The candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in communications fields including public relations, marketing or related areas, with demonstrated stability and sustained commitment in previous position(s)
- Knowledge of the media and ability to work well with journalists.
- High-level on-the-record experience
- B.A. degree, with additional educational course work in communications, public policy, journalism, law or related fields.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a portfolio demonstrating published works and high-level, creative, thoughtful and polished printed communications.
- Portfolio of earned media demonstrating the ability to successfully pitch stories to journalists and bring them to fruition
- Willingness and ability to work long hours and weekends
- Proven capacity to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced or stressful environment, with demonstrated personal traits of sense of humor, maturity and grace under pressure
To Apply: Please go to http://careers-clintonfoundation.icims.com to send us your cover letter and resume.
The William J. Clinton Foundation & Office of President Clinton are Equal Opportunity Employers. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.